Here in Wisconsin, you grow used to winter lasting forever. Like, sometimes there is a threat of snow as late as April or May, and it sucks. But every now and then we get a few early spring days like everyone else and we all have to rush out and enjoy them before they go away.
Because even though it was nearly 60 F / 15 C yesterday, it’s supposed to snow again on Tuesday. Yuck.
I had to get out of the house and enjoy the sun and some leggings-less attire for a day, though, and it was great. Nick and I went down to State Street and Monona Terrace in Madison and had lunch, enjoyed checking out the frozen lake, and took a walk around the square. In the sun.
So of course, I had to have the perfect it’s-nice-out-but-not-quite-spring-yet ensemble!
When the sun comes out in Wisconsin, it's time to go out and play! For this rare warm day I pulled out one of my favorite dresses paired with a light denim jacket. I wasn't ready to part with my boots just yet…it might be nice out, but we still have snow and salt on the ground! (And I'm not ready to part with them yet!) 😂😍🌞💋 Thanks to @deraforia for the photography 😙 #ootd #outfitoftheday #fashion #style #winterfashion #springfashion #layered #denim #polkadots #ninewest #poloralphlauren #oldnavy #payless #vanity #boots #dress #fashionblogger #styleblogger #whatiworetoday #whatiwore #ineedahaircut #canyoutell #thanksforfollowing #youguysarethebest #mwah
Since I haven’t done much shopping for spring yet (since I’ll be stuck in winter wear for awhile,) all of these pieces came out of my closet and I’ve owned most of them awhile. But for the most part, these are all staples that I can easily mix and match with other stuff for all seasons.
I’ve included retail prices below, but you can always keep an eye out for sales and promotions!
- The Dress: My polka dot I bought on clearance forever ago, but ModCloth has an excellent assortment of beautiful polka dot dresses, including the Rise to the Tapas dress for $64.99 USD.
- The Bag: Though mine is by Nine West and is no longer available, I love the Avery Crossbody Bag by Rebecca Minkoff as an alternative, for $175.00 USD
- The Boots: Tysen Quilted Boot by Deflex Comfort for Payless – $69.99 USD
- The Jacket: Denim Jacket for Women by Old Navy – $36.94 USD (A staple! Everyone needs one!)
- The Necklace: Teardrop Stationary Necklace by Vanity – $12.95 USD
- The Belt: I’ve had this one so long I can’t remember where it came from, but ModCloth’s Whatever Floats Your Haute Belt would make a nice replacement for $19.99 USD.
I loved wearing this outfit so much and will probably repeat it in the spring, maybe even with the boots while it’s still chilly! I also found pantyhose to be a nice addition to this outfit since it was a windy day, but you may enjoy wearing some light colored or opaque tights with it yourself. Or skip the hose and tights altogether to stay cool!
You can view this outfit on Instagram, or follow me for more winter/spring fashion inspiration!