For whatever reason, today is one of those days where after a good evening of fun my body decides to revolt- instead of a hangover I get blessed with something even miserable: waking up entirely too early.
The past few days have been an absolute whirlwind. I’ve actually sat down to blog several times but it just hasn’t happened yet. After a few rough days of traveling we finally made it down to Orlando for the Infinitus 2010 conference – a gathering of Harry Potter ….folks. Fans? People who want to be educated about the series? Awesome people? Witches and wizards? Words do not even begin to describe.
While I’m still a bit too tired to give a full overview, I do hope to post a full assessment of the weekend sometime soon (you can heckle me if I don’t), so here are a few of my highlights for best moments:
- Seeing Chris Rankin (aka “Percy Weasley” in the films) on the way in/out of our meetup.
- Meeting such awesome, awesome new friends (and jamming with them at the ball.)
- Seeing folks much older than myself dressed up in full witch and wizard garb: proving that age is not a factor in enjoying the magic of a book series.
- Meeting the folks from A Very Potter Musical – and having one of them say hello to us personally while we were waiting in line to eat.
- Having a mini twitter scavenger hunt to seek out all the folks I know from the internet.
- Meeting some of my best friends in the whole world in person for the first time.
It was a completely wild weekend. Today we’re wrapping it all up by going to the leaving feast this morning and the park in the afternoon – I absolutely cannot wait.
I’m going to be the first to admit I am completely out of things to say at this juncture (I blame the tiredness and overwhelmedness) but I will be back with more to tell about Infinitus, as well as the photos I’ve taken. Thanks to everyone – the Vault members who helped send us up here, the new friends I met, the folks that put it on – I mean everyone for one of the best weekends of my life.